Take - Along Shape Sorter
More than a shape sorter--this is an on-the-go activity center! Using nine plastic shapes and the padded carrying case, children can lift crinkly flaps, identify the pictures, match the shapes, and drop the textured blocks through the sorter . . . then pull the plush dog around the edge to unzip the case and start it all again! The baby- and toddler-friendly games and learning activities are great for enjoying together or for independent play, and are sure to keep little ones giggling while they learn. The easy-to-grasp padded handle makes it easy to carry the whole set from place to place--even for crawlers, scooters, and emerging walkers.
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 9 MONTHS AND UP: Lay the case in front of the child and guide the child's hand to lift and crinkle one of the flaps. Allow the child to explore the flaps on his or her own.
- With all the pieces inside, hold the case by the handle and shake it gently to make a rattling sound. Guide the child's hand to grasp and shake the handle.
- Place the shape blocks on the floor in front of the child. Encourage the child to pick up a block. Challenge the child to pick up a second block in the other hand and knock the two blocks together.
- 12 MONTHS AND UP: Help the child identify the different colors of the shape blocks. Say a color name aloud and help the child point to the block of that color.
- Encourage the child to grasp the dog zipper pull and help the child to slide it from side to side, moving the zipper back and forth.
- Divide the blocks into three groups of three, and count each group aloud. Help the child point to each piece as you count it.
- 18 MONTHS AND UP: Hand the child one of the blocks and ask the child to match it to one of the flap pictures. Say the shape name aloud.
- Encourage the child to place the shape blocks into the shape-sorter frame.
- Identify the pictures and shapes on the flap side of the box. Ask the child to point to each picture as you name it.
Dimensions: 13" x 9.75" x 3.75" Packaged
You understand and acknowledge that by purchasing products for children, it is the responsibility of the parent/s or legal guardian/s of the child to determine the appropriate and suitable products for their child. While Nerd's Box Toys is committed to providing safe toys from safe third party Suppliers to the public, it disclaims any and all liability arising from the mishandling of products and wrong usage of the same. Avoid using toys with with small parts on kids less than 3 years old and always follow the manufacturated minimum age recommendation.
What is a small part?
A small part is any object that fits completely into a specially designed test cylinder 2.25 inches long by 1.25 inches wide that approximates the size of the fully expanded throat of a child under three years old. (See figure). See 16 C.F.R. 1501.4 A small part can be:
- A whole toy or article
- A Separate part of a toy, game, or other article
- A piece of a toy or article that breaks off during testing that simulates use or abuse by children
If a small part fits completely into the cylinder, and the toy or product from which it came is intended for use by children under three, the toy or product is banned because the small part presents a choking hazard.
Nerd's Box Toys has the permission thru the Puerto Rico distributors AZ international, Friend Smith and Healthtex to sale LEGO, Hasbro ,LOL ,Poopsy and other brands available. If you have any question feel free to contact us.